The annual ADHO Digital Humanities Conference is the central and largest event of the international DH community and unites scholars from across the globe, presenting them with a unique opportunity for the exchange of their work and ideas and the fostering of future collaborations.
To ensure the continuation of the high quality standards exhibited at previous conferences, we are inviting you to join us as a reviewer for the DH2023 conference, hosted in July 2023 at the University of Graz, Austria. We ask you to also forward this invitation to your colleagues and encourage them to join our DH reviewers’ community.
Nominations will be possible until October 28, 2022.
If you are willing to serve as a reviewer, please nominate yourself by completing the Google Form: https://shorturl.at/ipsxA .
If you are unable to access Google Forms, you can complete this PDF form (either in Acrobat Reader or a similar PDF tool, or by filling it out by hand and returning a scan of the completed form) and return it to us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The form will collect the following information:
- full name
- professional affiliation
- email address
- a statement of which reviewer criteria (see below) you meet, and
- the ADHO language(s) in which you are professionally proficient.
Reviewers must meet two or more of the following criteria:
- Be professionally associated (or recently associated) with an institutional DH program, project, or initiative;
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or equivalent in a DH-related discipline (including, but not limited to, the Humanities, Social or Natural Sciences, Library and/or Information Sciences, Fine Arts, etc.);
- Have presented at an ADHO-, CO/AO-, or SIG-organized conference, symposium, colloquium, or equivalent academic event;
- Have published a DH-specific article or essay in a scholarly journal or volume (either print or electronic).
Reviewing is a much appreciated service, but also a responsibility and requires a commitment to review a minimum of four reviews in any of the formats available for the conference. In agreeing to review, candidates should be aware of this responsibility and should conduct themselves by the Conference Code of Conduct: https://adho.org/conference/code-of-conduct/ .
DH2023 will use the open peer review process. Authors and reviewers will know each other’s identity. The review process will include an opportunity for authors to respond to the reviews. You can find guidelines and recommendations for reviewing for DH2023 here: https://dh2023.adho.org/?page_id=471 .
We would be grateful and delighted if you would consider participating in the DH2023 preparation by serving as a reviewer!
Anne Baillot and Toma Tasovac, Chairs of the DH 2023 Program Committee